gas tank question

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: gas tank question
From: "Ken Gano, home" <triumphs@consolidated.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:11:18 -0600
The Herald is leaking fuel rather profusely.  It appears to be coming from
around the seal ring on the drain plug.  The problem is that I can't budge
that plug.  I know that with the right wrench and enough leverage that I can
either remove it or tear it up.

Question:  Does any one have a smart idea to insure that I do not destroy
the tank?  The usual suspects (heat and/or chemical penetrates) will not
work in this application.  I am looking for a way to hold the bung so that
it does not rip out of the bottom of the tank when I put the 4 foot cheater
bar on it :)

Thanks, in advance.

Ken Gano