Re: Synthetic Blend motor oils

To: Paul Dorsey <dorpaul@negia.net>
Subject: Re: Synthetic Blend motor oils
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:11:34 -0500
I've been using Castrol Syntec 10w-40 for the last few oil changes & it
seems to be working well, but how do you really know ? I am aware this
is not a full synthetic oil but a blend. My reason for spending the
extra money is in the hope of the advertised benefits such as better
lubrication at start ups & superior viscosity control under extreme
conditions is true. I change the oil every 2,500 miles any way so
there's I don't take advantage of the extended oil change interval. I
would use Mobil 1 but it's not available in the 10w-40.
I have used Castrol regular oil in the past & it worked fine but I
always notices slightly lower oil pressure & more valve noise. The
Syntec doesn't seem to do that.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.