Re: TR 4 Engine In a TR6

To: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: TR 4 Engine In a TR6
From: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 06:19:15 -0800 (PST)
--- Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Out of curiosity . . . has anyone ever seen a TR6 with an earlier TR 3/4
> engine
> in it?
>
> I've heard of several people doing the opposite (wanting a solid axle TR250
> essentially)
>
> Wonder how hard that would be to do?

Hi Scott,

I can't say I've ever seen one, but theoretically if you have an early TR6
(Type A OD) it should be a drop in fit. The later TR6 has a different
transmission mount setup (to accomodate Type J OD). The only problems I could
see would be motor mounts and hoses.  I guess someone has to ask, so I might as
well - why?

Raymond L. Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS, O/D, SAH Tuned "Chance"
'73 Stag 4.3L, Auto, A/C, etc "Molly"