Re: TR 4 Engine In a TR6

To: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: TR 4 Engine In a TR6
From: Steve Smith <dogzbody1@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:53:32 -0800 (PST)
Axle conversion:

If you wanted a solid axle 6 pot Triumph why not work
the TR4A non-IRS axle and springs into a TR6 or
TR-250?

Engine conversion:
I know there is a Toyota geabox conversion out there,
Celica, Truck and one from the Supra as well.  That's
half the battle, why not keep the Toyota bellhousing
and go with a big Toyota twin cam?

I keep promising myself a Supra powered TR6 or TR 250
and I think I'd have top do something like the above
for the back end of it.   I know, I know, originality!
 Maybe that's important for a 250 TR but there are
enough TR6s and even TR250s out there that one or two
could be used for fun!