RE: Driving lights

To: <jimbpps@cox.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Driving lights
From: "Dean Mericas" <dmericas@limno.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:04:55 -0500
Jim --

I just went through this on my TR4.

I fabricated brackets out of aluminum flat and angle stock.  Short (~2")
pieces of angle stock are riveted at either end of a ~10" flat piece.  The
angle brackets are located and drilled to bolt to the back of a bumper bolt
and the over-rider mounting bolt such that the flat stock bridges the bottom
edges of the bumper mounting bars.  This provides a horizontal surface just
behind the lower edge of the bumper. I've got the lamp attached to this
surface.  Tough to describe, but I'd be happy to provide an emailed picture
if you're interested.

Dean Mericas
1965 TR4
1974 2000 GTV