Re: Cleaning Guages

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cleaning Guages
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:09:32 -0700
Terry Smith wrote:

> Word to the wise:  do NOT disassemble the fuel guage beyond removing
> the glass and bezel. Leave the face in.  Use a very soft small paint
> brush.
>
> By the way, anybody have a dome glass fuel guage you're willing to
> sell to someone who sinned against nature and has fuel guage
> intestines dripping on his workbench?

These can be repaired... mine was pretty much trashed inside but the
following pages enabled me to reconnect the internals and calibrate it
to be a very accurate instrument:

http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/fg_01.htm
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/et213.htm

The pages are for an MGA gauge but the TR3 gauge is the same.

Geo Hahn