Iowa's TR3A-Tip for keeping engine bay cleaner ....

To: frede.thomas2@verizon.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Iowa's TR3A-Tip for keeping engine bay cleaner ....
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:25:59 EST
I should have provided more detail..........

> Joe, please tell me about this sock trick, I am in need of the same fix.
> "FT"

Fred, et. al.   A nice cotton sock will do.  I trim to suit and place it over
the 'push on' TR3A breather cap. Holding it around the neck and over the
breather wire with a rubber band works OK...until the rubber deteriorates.
There
is a dramatic difference in the cleanliness of the engine bay, especially when
doing a lot long distance touring.   See you at the Mitty!  Joe (A)