Re: TR4 Front Suspension

To: yellowtr@adelphia.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Front Suspension
From: Acey2525@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 22:29:02 EDT
In a message dated 5/1/2005 7:53:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
yellowtr@adelphia.net writes:

Does  anyone on the list have a good method to remove the old steel bushings
from the inner wishbone mounts? I have tried heat from a propane torch and
vice grips but no movement. Should I just leave them  on?

I just had the same problem last week Bob, here's what I did...I took my
Dremmel with a cut wheel, slowly so as to not cut too deep, run it  lengthwise
across the bushing.  I poured penetrating oil in the cut  and finally with a
hammer/chisel in the cut -- popped it.  From there  it was easy, hardly a nick
on
the shaft too.

Jack