RE: Tr6 rear wheel

To: "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tr6 rear wheel
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 09:08:40 -0700
> Could be.  I had this happen when my TR3A sat for many months.  Try
> cracking open the bleeder to relieve any pressure and see if the wheel
> will turn.  If that does it you probably just need to rebuild or replace
> the brake cylinder on that wheel.

I think you've got this backward, Geo.  If the cylinder is the problem, there
won't be any pressure and so cracking the bleed valve will not release the
wheel.  It would take a problem in the lines or MC to hold pressure in the line.

> Actually drove the car home from the storage unit with this condition by
> clamping off the flex line to the rear brakes.  Interesting  how little
> difference this made in the car's braking.

And it doesn't, UNTIL you get in a situation where you need maximum braking.
The front brakes do most of the stopping (which is why they're disc and the
rears are less expensive drums).  Ironically enough it's actually better to have
both rear brakes not working than just one ... 3 wheel brakes can cause the car
to spin and lose control during a panic stop.

Randall