Cost for modifying 240Z brake drums

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cost for modifying 240Z brake drums
From: "Dean Mericas" <dmericas@limno.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 16:39:25 -0400
I've got set of 240Z brake drums to mount on my TR4.  Kastner's book
provides all the details on the necessary mods, which consist of enlarging
the center hole, stud holes, and rim groove.

I took it with the drums to a local machine shop.  They came back with an
estimate of at least $100.  This is a lot higher than what I've read
elsewhere, and makes me think that just buying a new set might be about as
cost effective.

Can anyone comment on the reasonableness of $100+ to modify these drums for
a TR application?

Thanks.

Dean Mericas
1965 TR4