Re: Wire Wheel Spline Lube

To: jpg2@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel Spline Lube
From: BearTranserv@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 13:40:10 EDT
In a message dated 5/21/2005 6:45:41 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
jpg2@comcast.net writes:

What's  the recommended grease for wire wheel splines?

I used the silver anti seize compound in a tube from my local  Checker's
Auto.  It was for my new Dayton chrome wires on the Midget.   I just took one
off
a few weeks ago and apparently it works.

I cleaned the hub well first, and then used the silver...I chose silver in
case it leaks out onto the spokes, thinking it would be less noticeable, but so
 far, nearly a year and no leaks.

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in New Mexico

63 TR4
73 MG Midget
94 F150
03  Beetle

To model our political system upon speculations of  lasting tranquility, is
to calculate on the weaker springs of the human  character.
---Alexander  Hamilton