Re: rear end alignment question

To: triumphstag@gmail.com
Subject: Re: rear end alignment question
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 21:16:21 EDT
In a message dated 5/27/2005 9:12:54 AM Central Standard Time,
triumphstag@gmail.com writes:
> I had the stag in an alignment shop and they told me that the
> toe-inout on oneside is quite far off.   The stag has the shims that
> you stack just like you mentioned and they do appear, from(memory) to
> be one thickness.
> The stag does not have multiple brackets/mounts to change the camber.
> That's off also.  I'm hoping a warn bush change will correct that.

Perhaps it was premature to check alignment of the bushings are not up to
snuff.  But perhaps it is a reasonable way to find these things out.  But it is
certainly not a worthwhile endevor to adjust the alignment if the bushings are
in need of replacement.  Do that first.  Then the toe-in can be set.  If the
camber is still out there may be or you could have made some eccentric bushings
made up that will allow some adjustability.  (These are bushings whith the
hole off-center)

Cheers

Dave