Heater core question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Heater core question
From: Don Spence <dkspence@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 11:33:46 -0600
Art
Looking at the diagram in the TR4A spare pars catalogue ( same heater)
it would seem that the longer pipe , is at the top and is the return
port on the rad. Inlet is definitely the bottom. As far as function is
concerned it wouldn't matter . The direction of water through and air
across the core would be reversed but it's just a heater core. The real
difference would be in how the hoses lined up in cramped quarters. The
pic definitely shows longer at the top