Heater core question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Heater core question
From: asesso@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 11:04:16 -0400
I have asked this question once before but have not gotten an answer.I am doing
a frame off restoration of my 1971 TR6. I am rebuilding the heater unit and am
concerned about the correct orientation of the heater core. The core is
rectangular in shape with openings for the hoses coming out the side. One of
these side pipes is longer than the other. Which goes on top. The only
reference to this comes from a diagram in the rimmer catalogue which seems to
show the longer on top. Does anypone no for sure,I would hate to install it
incorrectly and find out after the new dash has been installed.
                     Art