Re: TR6 Valve spring compressing method?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Mark" <mini@nashvilletn.org>
Subject: Re: TR6 Valve spring compressing method?
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 22:56:52 -0600
Thanks Mark,

Some great suggestions.

My valve guides are squared off with just a bit of chamfer around the outside
edge so maybe the seals will stay on for awhile.  Even if they come off they
should still act as an "umbrella" over the valve guide.  Hopefully they won't
move up the valve stem and get chewed/mushed by the collars.

Oh and I didn't get a tube with my seals...but an old valve fit through them
without too hard of a push.

Thanks
Bud

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)