Reinstalling Distributor

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reinstalling Distributor
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:13:22 -0400
     I'm in the process of putting things back onto my engine after a
rebuild and am running into a problem when I install the distributor.
I bolted the clamping ring onto the pedestal with hex head cap bolts,
plain washers and lock washers, as shown in the TRF catalog.  When I
then slide the distributor in( retard unit facing almost straight back)
the casting bulge where the tach drive is located hits the front bolt
before fully seating.  Am I using the wrong hardware, or am I doing
something else wrong.  I had to replace the clamp and bolts because the
knuckle head engine builder lost them, or I would know what is correct.
Thanks for any advice.

                                                                    John
Mitchell    76 TR6   BRG