'59 TR3A Questions

To: "Triumph TR3A" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: '59 TR3A Questions
From: "Francis P. Gowash" <fpgowash@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:04:32 -0400
<<      Question 1, what is the thread size and pitch of the shifter knob?
One listing I found says 7/16 UNF, which translates to 7/16-20, but it is
way finer than that.  I keep hitting my knuckles on the dash board!>>

Scott,
Others know better, I'm sure, but I just recently replaced my shift lever
because I did not like the way my knuckles kept hitting the dash. The lever
was (I think) from a TR4 with the top section angled out back away from the
center line. I replaced it with an original straight lever. Now no more
problem. I also tried both the original thin type and fatter knobs. Neither
affects the clearance. I do believe that the threads on the two different
levers are different, and the knob from the angled shift lever had to be
tapped to fit properly on the straight lever. Sorry but I don't recall
exactly what that size was.

Fran

58 TR3A

name of winmail.dat]