Re: j a pearce magba wheels

To: L1J1S@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: j a pearce magba wheels
From: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 07:28:56 -0700 (PDT)
--- L1J1S@aol.com wrote:

> to the list. i just purchased a 1973 innocenti 1275 mini. the car came with a
>
> set of wheels which are  6"  j  a  pearce  magna alloy wheels.(set of 5).
> they are in excellent used condition. how can i find out the value of these
> wheels?  larrry schwartz 1960 tr3  judson supercharged

Hi Larry,

You have definately come across a rare set of wheels (at least in the US)  When
I bought my TR4A, it also was equipped with J A Pearce wheels.  Are your's the
center-lock type?  I also know a member of the list who has a set on his Lotus.

As to what they're worth, all I can tell you is I had my set for sale for 3
years before they were bought by an English gentleman who re-imported them to
his home.  He bought them for $800 plus shipping, and eventually placed them on
his MGC (you can read about them on my website).  I guess what I'm saying is
you can get a good price if you want to sell them, but be prepared to wait.
Most people here in the US have never heard of them.

Raymond L. Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS, O/D, SAH Tuned "Chance"
'73 Stag 4.3L, Auto, A/C, etc "Molly"
Little Rock, AR