Re: David Vizard and mufflers

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: Re: David Vizard and mufflers
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:14:00 -0400
Hi Vance,

Thanks for the reply.

Normally I would agree with you about Vizard, however in this case he seems to
leave some stones
unturned.

For example, he points out that a Flowmaster will appear to the engine as the
pipe end (no affect on
flow), however a glass pack will appear as a longer collector pipe which does
have an affect on
pressure wave and can reduce power. He seems to say good things about the
DynoMax Super Turbo, and
it would appear he does not put in the the same category as a straight through
glass pack, but he
never actually says whether the DynoMax has the same characteristics as the
Flowmaster in regard to
  appearing to the engine as the pipe end.

He also talks about adding a resonator box to the system but never actually
describes how to do it.

Maybe it would help if I had my Falcon Group 44 headers and collector pipe in
hand to better
understand what he is saying.

I guess I was left confused by his article. Perhaps exhaust systems are just
too complicated.

Don Malling