RE: parallel parking by touch

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: parallel parking by touch
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:20:29 -0700
> In a message dated 6/16/2005 11:14:12 AM Central Standard Time,
> steven@newellboys.com writes:
> > Lacking the cleverness he showed in parking his 2.5PI saloon to help a
> > dullwitted Audi-driving neighbor, all I could think of were balloons
> > taped to the bumper over-riders, or perhaps inflatable dolls
> strapped on
> > front and back of the car. What would you do?
> >
> I have a couple of neon sign transformers...

They sell "backup alarms" now that sound an alarm when your back bumper gets
too close to something.   One on each end (front and back), wired to a loud
siren, might do some good.

OTOH, I was once walking into a store between cars, when one of them warned
me to "step away from the car".  I was sorely tempted to key his paint just
to express my opinion of his car alarm.  Of course I didn't, but I thought
about it.

Randall