RE: Parallel parking by touch

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Parallel parking by touch
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:18:28 -0700
Bob Rochlin wrote :
> Our cars are narrow enough that most times when
> parallel parked adjacent car doors don't reach them and, in general, the
> potential for damage is much more limited with a door opening
> then the full
> bulk of an SUV or its ilk backing or pulling forward into your
> LBC.

Must be a difference in terminology here ... to me, "parallel parking" is
parking nose-to-tail, parallel to a curb (along the street).  Sounds like
you're talking about right angle parking in a parking lot.

And while I'll agree that doors cause less damage, seems like all too often
I get someone next to me who thinks it's just fine to take up half of my
parking space, and bang their doors into my car with considerable force.

Randall