Hydraulic connections at master cylinders TR4A

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hydraulic connections at master cylinders TR4A
From: "Jeff Tedder" <jtedder68@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:45:57 -0700
List,

I am looking at running my last two hydraulic lines (to the master
cylinders).  My previous experience was that the steel brake line screwed
right into the cylinder, but that the steel clutch line needed an adapter.
Now, I am using two nickel-copper lines instead of steel.  I'm not sure what
the flare is called (maybe a double flare?), but both lines flare all the
way back on themselves.

Every single brake line connection on the car had this same type of fitting
on it.  The brake line kit is the nickel-copper kit from Moss, and I'm
adapting one of the lines from a second kit to use on the clutch.  Will
these seal up on the master cylinders, or will I need adapters to use for
them?  If I need adapters, where would I find such a thing that would fit up
to the English master cylinder?

(Every car that I see has no adapter, so I am thinking that it must just
seal up - but I could be wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time!).

TIA!

Jeff

'66 & '67 TR4A