Re: British Grand Prix and more

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Grand Prix and more
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:12:36 +0100
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005, at around 13:40:14 local time, Ct54531@aol.com
wrote:
>My wife and I made a last minute decision to take in the British Grand Prix
>next month and, of course, accommodations at this late date in the Silverstone
>area are few and apparently distant. I will have a car but have heard about
>the traffic horrors and am not inclined to do that. Is there readily available
>public transportation to the track from the various locales around?

Not so far as I am aware.   Silverstone is in the middle of nowhere.

>Also, is it
>practical or even realistic to think about staying in London and 'commuting'
>each of the three days to the track?

Definitely not.

>Any advise, tips, suggestions, etc. would be most appreciated.

I think you are simply going to have to book into the closest hotel you
can, and brave the traffic.   Millions have been spent on new roads to
reduce or even do away with the hellish problems of earlier years.   You
may be pleasantly surprised.   Alternatively, there is a helipad, I
believe.

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671