Re: Leaky TR6 M/C

To: paradise.71@juno.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Leaky TR6 M/C
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:14:04 EDT
In a message dated 6/20/2005 11:45:12 AM Central Standard Time,
paradise.71@juno.com writes:
> I've never used dot 4.  I'll get me a new booter and maybe that will cure
> it.  Now let me see if I have this straight; the leaky m/c that I replaced
> last year was probably what ruined the booster, if I replace the booster, the
> new m/c probably won't leak.  Is this the correct assumption?  Thanks,

Nope.  A bad booster will not cause a master cylinder to leak but a leaky
master cylinder will (or at least could) fill your booster with fluid.  If you
are using DOT5 (silicone) then all you need do is drain the fluid out of the
booster.  If you were using DOT3 or DOT4 fluid it will attack the diaghrams and
your booster will likely fail somewhere down the line.

Fix the master cylinder first.

Dave