Re: torque reaction arm

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (List Triumph)
Subject: Re: torque reaction arm
From: pmmacy@att.net
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:46:53 +0000
Listers:
  I must be missing something.  In my understanding of torque, it is a rotation
in the opposite direction to the crankshaft rotation (which would explain
someone's claim to banging the air cleaners against the inner fenders).  But
looking at the torque reaction arm which is still installed on the engine I
recently pulled from the wife's TR4, this torque arm is mounted below the
crankshaft centerline, which looks to me like a torque reaction would pull the
rubber buffer away from the frame.  Am I looking at this all wrong, or did
Triumph maybe discontinue these when they realized that they only worked when
you back out of the throttle?
--
Mark Macy
New Carlisle, OH