RE: TR4 wind wings - mounting question

To: "Dean Mericas" <dmericas@limno.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 wind wings - mounting question
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:18:21 -0700
Dean,

I have wind wings for my TR250 and had them on my TR3s.

Yes, the wind wing mounting hardware does mount onto the same 'seam' that
the fuzzy seal clamps onto. The fuzzy seal will have to be cut for the
clamps to mount on the 'seam'.

I have found that the secret to mounting the wind wings so that they do not
interfere with either the roll-up windows or the side curtains, is make sure
that the thickest portion of the wind wing hardware is on the inside of the
windshield frame. This means that the Allen head screw must be tightened
from the inside. Also, sometimes on the TR3 wind wings the hardware will
have to be disassembled and then reassembled so that it will work that way!
This seems to be counterintuitive, but I have had wind wings on my TR3s for
many many years and found this to work best. However, this will be the 1st
time with wind wings on a car other than a TR3.

Goode luck and of course YMMV!

Jim Bauder
'68 TR250, CD47L
(At the body shop for painting!!)