Fwd: RE: Purolator oil filter questions tr3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: RE: Purolator oil filter questions tr3
From: David Griffiths <daveg@online.no>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 12:11:45 +0200
Many thanks to Lou Metelko and you others for
your help. It was of course the old gasket and
you spotted it right off. It should have been
obvious to me when the new gasket wouldn't stay
in place without help from grease. It just kept
falling out. I'll have plenty of time to let the
lesson sink in while I clean up over a gallon of
oil from the floor.

I place most of the blame in fact on the makers
of the filter for inadequate instructions. Like
the makers of those frozen pizzas that tell you
to put it in the oven at 250 degrees for 20
minutes but never tell you to take the plastic
off first! This makes me appreciate my 1929
Chevrolet all the more, it doesn't even have an
oil filter. They were smart back then!!

Thanks again,
Dave

--