thread on steering wheel end of steering column

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: thread on steering wheel end of steering column
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:36:28 EDT
Anyone remember what the thread is on the end of the steering column where
the steering wheel bolts on? I managed to bung the threads a bit whilst
attempting removal of the wheel (oops) and hate to toss an otherwise good upper

column, so I'd like to find the appropriate die or thread chaser.

Thanks in advance!

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)