Re: Torque settings for oil pan on TR-6?

To: "Joe" <supertr6@earthlink.net>, "Triumph List"
Subject: Re: Torque settings for oil pan on TR-6?
From: "Tim Hutchisen" <hakhutch@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:55:32 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe" <supertr6@earthlink.net>
To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 7:08 PM
Subject: Torque settings for oil pan on TR-6?

> Ok, the Bentley manual has me confused.  I am trying to use the torque
> settings in the front of the book.  Non of the sizes for the bolts seem to
> corrospond to the actual sizes on the car!  Also, can anyone tell me what
> the settings are for: 1) the bellhousing bolts, 2) oil drain plug, and 3)
> the oil pan bolts?

Joe-

1.) Bellhousing to engine= 20 lb/ft

2.) Oil drain plug= snug with some teflon tape (optional) for good measure.
This is a tapered pipe thread and should not be tightened excessively. No
more than 10 lb/ft +/-

3.) Oil pan bolts= 15 lb/ft

Check in the Engine and Gearbox sections of Bentley for specific fasteners,
most are there.
Good Luck-
Tim Hutchisen
71 TR6