RE: Vacuum Advance Rebuilding

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Vacuum Advance Rebuilding
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:17:23 -0700
>      Anyone know of a source for Lucas vacuum advance rebuilding?

The place that sent mine out for me is no longer in business.  ISTR they
charged me about $35, maybe $40 with tax.

The folks at :
Clark's Discount Auto Parts
(562) 630-1811
16511 Lakewood Blvd
Bellflower, CA 90706

said they could have it done, but didn't quote me a price (at least not that
I recall), and I haven't taken one to them yet.

I still see the guy occasionally that sent mine out years ago ... if I think
of it, I'll ask him where next time I see him.  He might tell me, now that
he's out of the auto parts business.

> Any feedback on how well
> the rebuilds work?

Mine looked, and worked, like a new one.  Lasted many years, still good
AFAIK.

I was somewhat surprised that they replaced the cover with the fitting.
Even more surprised that they found a cover with the correct threaded
fitting, as threaded fitting advance units were not available new at that
time.

Randall