Re: [TR] O/D switch connections

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] O/D switch connections
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 01:13:53 -0700
We're certainly into preferences here, but I have the original style lever
switch on the dash of my TR3A and I think it is great right there. I can
shift in and out of OD with just a flick of my finger and without taking my
hands off the wheel. I think Porsche and others go tthe idea for the wheel
mounted paddle shifters from this arrangement...well, ok, maybe not.

I am also very thinkful that there is a cutout switch that disengages the OD
if the trans is in 1st or reverse. Accidently hitting the button isn't
nearly as big an issue, with me at least, as forgetting to disengage it.

And a question - how would one know if the od is engaged or not with a
button switch? If it's really a button - push-on/push-off type of thing, you
won't be able to tell by looking and if you are stopped and ready to backup
you can't tell by comparing the RPMs to the MPHs and trying remember the
ratios. An indicator lamp or something?

Just some thought, hope they help,
Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org