FW: Windwings.

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Windwings.
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:43:59 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Andrews [mailto:mandrews53@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 10:19 PM
To: Randall; Triumphs List
Subject: RE: Windwings.

Make sure you make the low side wings from sturdy plastic ( 1/4" thick
plexi or better lexan) --the first set I made worked great -the difference
at all speeds is great. We get 100 degree heat blowing on you from the
highway here and it stops that. My elbow cracked the first set and an hour
later ( yes I should have removed it then) it popped out and whacked me up
side the head( 13 stitches) --so the next set I made ,I used 1/4" plexi .
Once again the elbow cracked it --so the next set will be Lexan which is
much tougher.
Other west coasters have not had my issues ( I drive to hard -poor
craftsmanship etc) . They are worth while with the wind wings . They fit on
top of the door and extend out about 4-5 inches at the front and taper to
nothing by your waist. Herman and Heidi Van Den Akker have used theirs for
years .
Mike TR2 in LA