Re:

To: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Subject: Re:
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:48:10 -0400
On Friday 12 August 2005 09:57 am, Mark Hooper wrote:
> As far as I know, the US's largest single sources of oil are Canada, Mexico
> and Venuzuela (no idea of the order). And I can assure you from daily
> experience in Canada, we pay the same or more for gas than you do. Gas is
> at $1.08/llitre in Montreal right now. That's about $3.35 USD / US gallon.
>
> Mark

Mark,

I was just in Ontario for a few days all the way up to Cobalt and the price
went from a low of 84 cents / litre in Kingston to a high of 95 cents / litre
in Cobalt. I guess it is even higher now!

I am guessing since the supply of oil/gas is controlled by the
suppliers/refineries, the only way to get the price to level off or maybe go
down is to reduce the demand.

But I worry that if the demand goes down, then the govt will just up the taxes
so they get their cut.

The same can be said for anything we buy these days. No govt I know gives the
consumer a break if they conserve.

If the govt sees a drop in sales tax $ then they just up the tax. Same with
smokes, beer, water, electricity and on and on.

One key to conservation is to remove the taxes on consumer goods and services
so it pays to conserve!

My 2 cents, but by the time everyone reads this it will be at least 5 cents +
tax.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1963 TR4