83mm/86mm Heads

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 83mm/86mm Heads
From: "shrack04@netzero.net" <shrack04@netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 11:25:55 GMT
I visited Steve Newell, the Newell boys and the Newell TR4's this summer.  We
looked at the head off of Steve's early TR4.  It looked like a TR3 head from
the top (no flat area above the #1 intake port), but from the bottom it looked
like a TR4 head (with the cast in chamfers).  I've not read of a head made like
this.  It must of been cast during the change of design.  Any one else seen
heads like this?  I'm just a curious kinda guy.  Kent Shrack TR3a