RE: 83mm/86mm Heads

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 83mm/86mm Heads
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 08:43:35 -0700
> Randall questioned the engine numbers I had for the heads.  Those
> numbers came from Moss and TRF catalogues. I merged them for the chart
> in the hopes that their research was fairly close.  Randall, Do you have
> better numbers as to which head fits which engine to share?

I took a quick scan through those sources ... I think I see the problem.  TR3
and TR4 engine numbers were not sequential, the sequence started over again with
the TR4 using a different prefix, CT, than the TR2/3's TS.  The change point for
the cylinder head in TRF's "Quick Reference Catalog" is CT21470E, not TS21470E.
That would be entirely consistent with my experiences.

> Sorry the chart isn't prefect

TeriAnn, I want to apologize if it seemed like I was criticizing your or your
chart.  It's still the best reference I know of, and I think it's wonderful that
you collected the information and made it available to everyone.  Which parts
went on which sidescreen TRs is a very slippery topic, so mistakes and
inconsistencies are inevitable.  At least you made the effort, which is more
than I've done.

Randall