Re: Stuck Clutch

To: dalevancleef@verizon.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stuck Clutch
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 17:35:24 EDT
In a message dated 9/3/2005 11:53:48 AM Central Standard Time,
dalevancleef@verizon.net writes:
> I have a '73 TR6 with a stuck clutch.  By that I mean that when I put my
> foot down on the clutch pedal, the clutch does not disengage.
> The master, slave, etc. are all fine.  The car has been parked for a
> couple of months.  The last time this happened, I had an LBC
> mechanic work on a few things.  He told me that it was just stuck and
> there was no charge for un-sticking it.
> So my question is, how do you un-stick a stuck clutch? Can I just (try
> to) start it in gear with a foot on the clutch and another on the brake?

the first thing to try is the easiest.  Position the car where it will not
hit anything should it lurch forward.  Then put the car in fourth gear.  Press
firmly on the brakes and depress the clutch and engage the starter.

This is so easy there is no reason not to try this even if you have no hope
of it working.  But if your car has been setting for only a few months it is
likely to work.

Dave