Re: Engine diagnostocs help (tr4) - addendum

To: jimbpps@cox.net, boggiano@charter.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine diagnostocs help (tr4) - addendum
From: KPe9368405@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 15:43:41 EDT
Hey everyone,
There have been several threads recently on determining if a compression
problem is caused by rings or valves. Presumably one would fix one or the other

of the problems.
However, my understanding, subject to the list's correction, of course, is
that fixing rings (only) will cause valves to go bad; conversely, fixing valves
 (only) will cause the rings to go bad. I guess the theory is that increasing
the  compression via one step will cause rapid deterioration in the other
unit.
Suppose the best course is to fix both if one unit is bad.

Thoughts?

Ken