Argghh.... Bottle Jack

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Argghh.... Bottle Jack
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 15:36:11 -0400
I've got one of those 20 ton hydraulic bottle jacks that I haven't used in 2
years. It jacked up the roof to my screened in porch with no problem. Since
then it's just sat. Now I need it to jack up a deck (haven't used it on a
car yet!) so I can replace the support posts. It won't do anything. With no
weight on it, it will move up 1/4 inch but I can push it back down. The
release valve in tight and I've tried the valve in both positions. I've
added hydraulic fluif to the fill hole in the side until it weeps out from a
standing position. I've even laid it on it's side and put even more fluif in
it. I can pull the barrel up about 8" and it slides back down. Any
suggestions?

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org <http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/>