Re: TR3 Headlight Bezel

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Headlight Bezel
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 19:34:08 -0700
ols@bcdef.net wrote:

> ....I think I figured out how to remove the headlight bezel (put a
> large screwdriver into the slot to the right of the dimple on top of
> the bezel and twist).  I tightened the screws on the headlight ring
> and now the vibration is gone.  My problem is that now I can't figure
> out how to replace the bezel without pushing so hard I'm afraid I'll
> break something.

I think there are more than one (maybe 3?) types of rims used on TR3s.
The most common (TS32585 - TR3B) is hooked over the top lip then pressed
against the bottom.  This type has a tab at 12:00 with a crescent-like
notch in it.  At the bottom (at 6:00 or maybe more like 5:30) there is a
squarish tab that snaps into a notched fitting on the car.

I am surprised your screwdriver method removed it w/o damage as I have
always hooked it from below and pulled.  OTOH, perhaps you have one of
the other style rims as I do not know what you mean by "slot to the
right of the dimple".

Geo Hahn