Dash Holes

To: "Triumph TR3A" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dash Holes
From: "Francis P. Gowash" <fpgowash@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 09:30:47 -0400
>>Anyway, under the speedometer is a hole that was covered by the previous
dash
cover.  (This would be just left of the groove for the steering column.)
Anyone know if this ever had a purpose?

Which bring us to another question.  Reviewing the pictures I took as I
disassembled the car, the speedometer was on the left and the tach on the
right.  I believe someone on the list mentioned it's supposed to be tach on
the left and speedometer on the right?<<

Terry,

Interesting. My 58 TR3A dash has speedometer on the right. There is a hole
under the speedometer for the trip odometer reset flexible shaft. So, does
anyone know if there are  two configurations for a left hand steering TR3A?
I recently saw a TR3A with the configuration you say you had. The owner did
not have a clue. His instrument panel also had the fuel and engine temp
gages switched from mine. My car has temp(lower left) fuel(upper
right)....go figure?

Fran
TS32465L
Somers, CT