Re: FW: Replacing Locks

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: FW: Replacing Locks
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 11:28:16 -0600
Chris Buckley wrote:

>I am rebuilding a TR4A and have bought replacement tumblers for all
>locks. Can anyone tell me how to remove the old tumblers from door
>handles and boot handle? Cheers

Chris, did you get an answer to this one? I just took apart a spare
handle so I can give you the run-down. Or see this handy photo of my
disassembled door handle:
    http://www.newellboys.com/parts/doorlock.jpg

1. Remove the door handles from the door (or remove it from a box of parts)
2. unscrew the back plate and unscrew the skinny bolt on the end
3. remove the door-opening button then take off the washer and spring
from the backend
4. drive the small pin out of the chrome button -- I used a small nail
to drive it out
5. assembly is the reverse more or less

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA