Re: Mold and Mildew

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mold and Mildew
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 19:34:20 +0100
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005, at around 14:05:36 local time, Ronnie Babbitt
<rbtr3a@cox.net> wrote:
>Unfortunately I must have left my window cracked one day during a rainstorm,
>well today when I went outside and found the interior and carpet covered in
>mold and mildew. Do any of you know a good solution to killing the mold and
>mildew.. I have a black interior so bleach is not a viable solution

Dear Ronnie,

There are a number of household cleaners specifically formulated for
removing (and preventing further growth of) mould and mildew in showers
and bathrooms.   Since you are on the wrong side of the pond, any
product names I might mention would be meaningless to you, but I would
recommend a trip to your local supermarket.   These chemicals work, and
don't seem to have any unpleasant effects on similar materials to
interior plastics (e.g., shower curtains).   There may well be similar
products designed for application on carpets, otherwise an ordinary
carpet shampoo will probably do the trick.

Good luck!

ATB
--
Mike
Ellie  - 1963 White Triumph Herald 1200 Convertible GA125624 CV