TR3 - Stator Tube

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 - Stator Tube
From: "Stephen Peca" <sppchicago@excite.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 19:05:16 -0400 (EDT)
I decided to get back to working on my control head (which currently spins
freely).  I have a non-adjustable steering column.   A couple of questions:
(1) once the control head is removed, does the stator tube stick out or is it
flush with the steering wheel nut?  If it sticks out, by how much?  (2) at the
bottom of the steering box, how far out should the stator tube extend?   I am
testing two suspicions: either the stator tube somehow "slipped" down and
extends too far from the bottom of the steering box (mine currently extends
about 2 1/2"  from the base of the nut) or the the part of the stator tube that
should extend out from the steering wheel is broken off.   If the stator tube
is broken, can I still get replacement tubes?  Where?  How difficult are they
to replace?  My control head and the wiring works fine. Thanks in advance.Steve
PecaAnnandale, New Jersey1958 TR3A - TS23867L