dpo archvies

To: Triumph Email List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: dpo archvies
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 20:12:43 -0400
I have a new one for the DPO archives.

I started working on the TR4 wire wheels today and after removing the rubber
from the 1st, I was checking the spokes to see what was missing etc.

At first I thought I only was missing 2 spokes but as I looked closer I
noticed that two spokes were brazed to the hub!

I couldnt believe my eyes.

It looked like an old weld and the spokes only cost about 5 bucks today, why
didnt they just replace the spokes? They had the wheel off. How hard could it
have been?

Took the torch to the wheel and removed the spokes and most of the brass.

Wheel looks to be ok.

Just when you thought you have seen it all.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1964 TR4
1974 T140V