TR3A defroster vent seals & 7 dash studs

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A defroster vent seals & 7 dash studs
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:37:06 -0400
I saw too much daylight when attempting to replace the defroster vents in my
TR3.  I was underneath the dash, looking up thru the defrosting 'slits'
while attempting to mount the defroster vents that go with the heater, but,
the crack was too big and I was seeing too much daylight.  Shouldn't I put a
rubber piece, or obtain a kinda gasket (or maybe make a cork one) so that
these vents seal up against the metal 'slits'?  I don't think the Moss
catalog shows one.

also
The 7 nuts require more than normal effort when attempting to re-mount my
dash.  The 7 studs and nuts are 1/4"-28tpi.  I am afraid I might strip one
out.  If this has happened to other folks then I am going to just tighten
them using extra washers so that they will need to go on the stud for 1/4'
or so. Are they likely to strip-out?