RE: TR3A defroster vent seals & 7 dash studs

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A defroster vent seals & 7 dash studs
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:18:43 -0700
> Shouldn't I put a
> rubber piece, or obtain a kinda gasket (or maybe make a cork one) so that
> these vents seal up against the metal 'slits'?

Seems like a good idea to me, but AFAIK what you saw was "as original".  The
defroster ducts didn't seal against the bodywork.

> The 7 nuts require more than normal effort when attempting to re-mount my
> dash.

IMO you should find out why they are binding and fix it ... run a die down
the studs if the threads are damaged.  It's been a long time, but I don't
recall there being any 1/4-28 nuts there except the ones for the hood hinges
... are you sure that's the right thread ?

Randall