Re: Coolant

To: chris.buckley@tz.knightfrank.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coolant
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:28:41 EDT
In a message dated 9/14/2005 12:01:51 AM Central Standard Time,
chris.buckley@tz.knightfrank.com writes:
> In Tanaznia we are a bit limited with choices but I am told that Toyota
> supply the best quality coolant. The coolant claims to prevent rust,
> corrosion , improve cooling, anti freeze etc. It is put in without
> dilution (ie 8 litres in TR4A). I obviously do not want to use water.
> Does anyone have any comments?

This is a shot from the hip, but I'll bet it is a premix with the water
already added.  They are starting to sell 50/50 premix here in the states.  At
about the same price as straight ethylene glycol.  Go figure.

I've been premixing mine for many years.  I keep a spare bottle about and
when I open a new bottle I will pour half into the spare bottle and the top up
both bottles with tap water (we have pretty soft water here in St. Louis).
This
makes topping up trouble free in terms of antifreeze dilution.

For those with hard tap water it may be beneficial to use the premixed
variety since the water used is probably somewhat lower dissolved minerals.

Cheers

Dave