Re: Coolant

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coolant
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:09:59 -0600
Dave1massey@cs.com wrote:

>This is a shot from the hip, but I'll bet it is a premix with the water
>already added. ...
>
>I've been premixing mine for many years.  I keep a spare bottle about and
>when I open a new bottle I will pour half into the spare bottle and the top up
>both bottles with tap water (we have pretty soft water here in St. Louis). ...
>
>For those with hard tap water it may be beneficial to use the premixed
>variety since the water used is probably somewhat lower dissolved minerals.

I suppose most folks would gladly pay double to save all the hassle of
mixing two liquids. Me, I gather fresh mountain snow melt from the
avalanches to mix with my antifreeze. But for Chris in Tanzania, premix
might be a real time-saver since he has the extra step of filtering the
snakes and scorpions out of the tap water -- if the shows my boys watch
on Animal Planet are any indication, the place is crawling with them. ;)

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2
'68 Land Rover IIA, only when I dream of Marlin on Wild Kingdom