RE: TR3 battery box welding?

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 battery box welding?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:44:45 -0700
> Does the battery box in a TR3 get welded any from underneath?  I
> don't know
> Triumph's and tomorrow I'll install the dash and some wiring, so while
> everything's out of my 'frame-up restoration', I thought I'd ask.

Paul, I'm pretty sure the factory welded it from above.

But, I have to say your sequence seems seriously out of order to me ... I
would definitely finish the welding first, then paint both below and above,
well before installing wiring or finished items like the dash.  The factory
definitely did.

Randall