Re: Autocross tech.

To: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>, triumphs
Subject: Re: Autocross tech.
From: "pethier@isd.net" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:45:30 -0500
> It occurred to me yesterday that thech for an SCCA
> autocross will be a  lot different than the one for the
> Triumphest last year.  My experience  with SCCA leads me
> to believe that there may be requirements a lot of
> Triumphest cars will not meets, i.e. rollbar.  Is my
> thinking correct,  anyone know?

If you look in the SCCA Solo rule book, you will see that
the stated intent behind their rules is that no open car
should be allowed to compete on racing slicks without a roll
bar.  If you have decent suspension and street tires, you
should be fine.

In VTR rules I think, and in SCCA rules I know:  You may not
use non-stock upper-body restraints (Turner Belt,
aftermarket harness) in an open car without a roll bar.  Lap
belts should be fine in any Triumph.

1962 TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata
C package
pethier@isd.net http://www.mnautox.com/
http://www.lotuseuropa.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=philethier